Start understanding the lingo connected to the movements that you can expect to see in the boxâ€¦
- Workout of the Day
- Think you're fast? See how you stack up with the rest of the CrossFit world by measuring the time it takes to complete a prescribed workout.
- As many rounds as possible or reps as possible
- Trusters feel like the bane of all CrossFitters existence. To do this move, grab a barbell and start in front rack position--standing position with the bar resting against the front of your shoulders; hold the barbell with a hook grip. Drop into a full squat position while keeping the barbell at shoulder level. Return to standing position in an explosive (thrusting) motion and push the weight up over your head. Bring the barbell back down to your shoulders and repeat.
- Get your minds out of the gutter. The snatch has many variations (power, hang, muscle), but the overall goal is to use a wide grip to lift a barbell from the floor to an overhead position in one fluid and lightening-fast motion. Tip: Keeping the bar closer to your body when hoisting it up allows for better balance.
- Personal Best
- Personal Record
- A repetition or one instance of a given exercise
Vivamus vel sem at sapien interdum pretium. Sed porttitor, odio in blandit ornare, arcu risus pulvinar ante, a gravida augue justo sagittis ante. Sed mattis consectetur metus quis rutrum. Phasellus ultrices nisi a orci dignissim nec rutrum turpis semper.